Saturday, January 10, 2009

More Abstracts

I've got some catching up to do, but that leaves me with more to post inevitably!

Some days I'm not sure if I'm completely lost, uninspired or have misguided attempts at aesthetics. It must all be in the seer.

 
Untitled

I got a couple comments on the above. One person in particular seemed to thoroughly enjoy it which makes me think deeply about what its draw is. I believe unconscious feelings exist in photography or can reflect who the person is. Often you only realize these things about your photographs after receiving feedback from others. The fence against the freshly fallen snow appears vast and daunting - as if looking through a window after waking up, but our eyes haven't adjusted and cannot continue to look; to see what's past that window.


Treads

A simple, but strong pattern of tire treads. Both arcing slightly and intersecting one another. From the angle it was taken from, it implies movement away from the corners where they emerged. Having lines emerge from or flow toward the corner of a photograph gives the feeling that they continue to infinite.

 
Waiting

I like the view 50mm gives (an eye's perspective). My knee in white and highlight tones contrast with the dark hood of the passenger in front of me. The bar and seat give the viewer a bit of relief from the otherwise abstract feel.

The draw for this would be the snow captured and its swirling motion. You can especially see its rousing activity in the black area and how much MORE there actually is when the sun hits it in this place versus the whites. It wasn't taken peering out a window like it could suggest and I won't bother saying how which isn't very exciting. I think if a photograph looks like something, it is that something.

1 comment:

Admin said...

"I believe unconscious feelings exist in photography or reflect the person and often you need feedback from others to see this about yourself." and I believed on this statement :) blog hop good day!